Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Playing "Ketchup"

Do you like my play on words? :D Anyway, after 2 very frustrating days of trying to figure out why I can't send pics to my blog, I gave it a break. I found a forum talking about Picasa and apparently I wasn't the only one having the problem. The program was down for a week and then up again for a day or two, before it went down again. Ugh. I pulled my hair out for those 2 days for nothing. Needless to say, I'm kindof gun shy to check it. I will eventually. -_-

Last weekend Al and I attended the RV show in Boston. We went on  Saturday, and so did everyone else.. We got bags of campground brochures, and travel brochures. Makes for some good winter reading, in place of seed catalogs. There are some truly beautiful 5th wheels available. With that said, they aren't for us. After seeing them, and as gorgeous as they are, I can honestly say, the coach is a better  choice for us. The coach provides the comfort and space while traveling with the pets and us. We are self contained and can stop for a nature call or make a meal without difficulty. There are advantages and disadvantages of each, so it's a personal choice you have to make on your own.

After reading other RV blogs and further research, it looks like our choice of making residency in SD is out. The awesome affordable health care act has put a crimp in our plan with their requirements of proof of 6-9 months of residency. Bah. Its not just our plans, but many other Rvers, too. I bet anything this was just a small piece of the plan..Darn health care providers are crooks to begin with. This makes everything SO much more difficult. Now Al and I are having to rethink our strategy and lose the SD part of our trip in July. That part is easy... We may hang in Chicago a bit longer and on our return trip I was thinking of traveling to Columbus, Ohio to check out Jack Hanna's zoo. :)) I always loved that show and him. Lol.

Just a reminder : there's 1000 bucks up for grabs to the person who refers a buyer for our home.. The referral actually has to be the buyer" . :))

That's it for "ketchup".

No comments:

Post a Comment