Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Preparing To Sell House

Well, Happy New Year! With the cold and snowy weather, we've been concentrating on organizing and cleaning up the clutter that has accumulated in the house. It is something that should be done to stage a home for selling. Clean. Clean. Clean.

I was a real estate agent at one time, so I know what needs to be done to get the house in "selling" mode. Uncluttered counters, neat closets, dust free, stink free and basically tidy and neat.

I've started with the kitchen... I have quite a few small appliances I store on the counter. I moved some of those to the basement. Washed down the cabinets. They sparkle! Dusted the crown molding, dusted ceiling, and cleaned off the fan. Boy was that dusty. Yuck. Washed the kickboards under the cabinets. Tomorrow I'll get the area where the dogs crates are....dusty and cluttered on the crates. I use the top of the crates as a catch all.:( The dogs don't get crated anymore but do go in them daily for one reason or another. I haven't decided if I'll break them down completely when the house goes on market.

March 1, 2014 is my tentative marketing date, at the latest. Anyone interested? I'll post pics next blog...We have a 6 room 2 story colonial type house with 2 and 1/2 baths. Laundry on first floor. 3 bedrooms. Master bathroom. Full basement. Above ground round pool, only 2 years old.  A great Man cave and a small shed. Garden area in the back yard. Glass top stove, french door refrigerator, wall microwave.Total sq. footage is just under 1600. House is 10 years old. Very well insulated. Use less than 400 gallons of oil per heating season. House in Brockton,  on Abington line. Awesome neighborhood. Very kid oriented. Quiet street. 284,900.00

Pass this info around... As an incentive, we will give 500.00 to the person who brings us the buyer. If you want more info or a private showing, contact me through my email and put house in the subject. ddflanagan@ comcast.net

I should have pics by next post.


No comments:

Post a Comment